BodyFX Fat Reduction
Safe, effective, non-invasive treatments to get rid of stubborn fat and tone loose skin.
Non-surgical fat reduction has proven to be a safe and effective alternative to surgical options. Options include fat freezing, laser techniques and radiofrequency-based therapies. At The Aesthetic Loft, we maximise the benefits with the use of the BodyFX with its suction-coupled negative pressure and dual-purpose radiofrequecy platform to breakdown fat, increase lymphatic flow and tighten skin.
With advanced integrated technology within a single system, the BodyFX delivers the following:
- Suction-coupled negative pressure
- Gradual radio-frequency bulk heating of suctioned fat and skin
- Constant skin temperature monitoring, maintaining temperature at safe and optimal temperatures
- A high-voltage ultra-short radio-frequency pulse to effectively break down fat’s cellular membrane walls
Which parts of the body can I have treated?
Due to the ergonomic and small treatment handle of the BodyFX, all parts of th ebody are ameanable to treatment
What’s the benefit of the BodyFX over other treatment modalities?
The BodyFX, unlike other modalities like cryo-lipolysis (fat freezing), shock wave therapy, high-intensity focused ultrasound and injectable fat-melting therapies, effectively breaks excess subcutaneous fat while also tightening overlying skin.
This is especially important for patients with poor overlying skin quality and loose skin, such as in post-pregnancy patients; fat loss without accompanying skin tightening can potentially worsen one’s appearance – more loose, overhanging skin.
- Reduction in measurable fat was at 39.6% 3 months after the final treatment
- Tears in the cell membrane followed by loss of fat cell volume resulted in permanent fat cell death
- Electroporation-induced cell death generated a combination of fat loss and soft-tissue tightening
Duncan DI, Kim TH, Temaat R. A prospective study analyzing the application of radiofrequency energy and high-voltage, ultrashort pulse duration electrical fields on the quantitative reduction of adipose tissue. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2016;18(5):257–267. doi:10.3109/14764172.2016.1157368
1. Is the treatment painful?
Most users find BodyFX comfortable. During treatment you can expect a warming of your skin and gentle pulling sensation as the radio-frequency and vacuum work to smooth out unwanted stubborn pockets of fat.
2. How many sessions are required?
It is recommended that weekly sessions are performed over an eight week period. Gradual
improvements in the treatment area can be seen following the first few treatments – with
the skin’s surface feeling smoother and softer immediately. Best results are seen 3 months after the last treatment as the body removes the fat and skin tightens.
3. Is there any downtime?
There is absolutely no downtime for BodyFX. It can be a lunch time procedure. Patients will notice redness and warmth in the treated area which will subside after a few hours. This warmth is equivalent to the sensation felt after a deep tissue massage and will not prevent anyone from returning to their regular activities.
4. How safe is the treatment?
A series of radio-frequency energy is delivered by a succession of pulses at 1 million cycles per second. While this may sound intense, it is very safe. To maximize comfort, the body’s temperature will be constantly monitored, with ongoing accurate feedback of the skin’s temperature. This
thermal monitoring provides the utmost in temperature control, ceasing any further heating once the target temperature has been reached.
5. Are the results from the treatment permanent?
Fat removal is long-term, but results are best achieved and maintained with a healthy diet and exercise regieme.
6. Am I a good candidate for this treatment?
Patients who will best benefit from the BodyFX non-invasive body contouring treatment are those who:
- Are not clinically obese – thinner patients have a more noticeable fat loss
- Have mild to moderate skin laxity – excessive skin laxity requires more invasive, surgical intervention
- Are physically active
- Maintain a good, healthy diet
- Have realistic expectations and are not keen for more invasive treatments